Duties of Nominees:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
- Create 7 new questions for your nominees to answer.
Candidate questions in search of answers:
- Do you think anyone can be a good blogger?
- What do you think is the current #1 Blogging niche?
- Do you think that the use of social media is important to a Blog’s success?
- What one thing creates a large increase on a single post’s readership?
- Do you think the bloggers of big blogs like Huffington Post get paid well?
- Is guest blogging always a good idea?
- Why do you blog?
Answers to the above questions
1. It is possible for anyone to be a “good” blogger if they will shed the notion that they do not have the skills or the talent to do the job. It takes patience and time, effort and of course personal determination on your side to do your part everyday to develop your skill. It’s like riding a bicycle.
Maintaining your balance is merely a matter of telling yourself that you “can”and then following through everyday. Read other blogs. Find contributors whose style you enjoy. Try to emulate their style. Venture out on your own. Test the waters. Find your own comfort level. Then go for it!
2. In my opinion the current popular blogging niche has no specific title or die hard adherents. People want to communicate their feelings, ideas and attitudes towards reality. Many are intimidated by the more pro active social media methods of being online so they have taken a much more relaxed and less intense form of communicating with the world.
Cooking healthier, being more active, photography and expressing oneself by way of the written word also words for a great number of people. The elusive #1 Blogging Niche for you is the one that makes you feel more comfortable about yourself . It encourages you to express your inner thoughts in a way that is right for you.
3. Social media has rapidly become an important asset for those bloggers who wish to not only increase their readership but also promote their blog to the electronic world at large. To not use any of the social media would be akin to watching your favorite movie on a 12 inch black-and-white television receiver.
Sure you could enjoy it in a limited way but the full impact of what’s going on around you demands that bloggers use some form of social media in their online presence.
Besides, the larger screen format and rich color saturation of wide screen television gets you more involved in the action and not merely a passive viewer. You need to become more proactive for yourself and your work.
4. If you want to generate an increase in your own blog’s readership then become interested in your fellow bloggers’ contributions. Read other folk’s blogs, submit relevant comments and try to develop a dialogue between yourself and your fellow blogging community. Try to learn new things from the articles others have updated. This knowledge will only increase your own skill as a blogger.
5. I am quite certain that The Huffington Post online news site does compensate their site news gathers fairly well. You also need to realize and appreciate the fact that the writers are “trained journalists” with this own news leads and behind-the-scenes sources. I think that Word Press offers “budding” journalists the opportunity to get their feet wet in the publishing game by allowing them to post their work online and learn from their experiences. If they are paid the big bucks so be it.
6.Guest blogging is an excellent way to increase your own exposure and expertise to the blogging community. Submitting articles as a guest blogger is a healthy and inexpensive way for you to increase your sites traffic. It will require a lot of effort and practice on your part but the reward of traffic to you site will be worth it. Other blog site owners may commission you to research material for their blogs. It is a fun way to increase your own knowledge on many topics outside your comfort zone.
7. Blogging affords me the opportunity to not only communicate with the blogging world at large but also the chance to learn from other folks view points and experiences of reality. The global world can be best understood and appreciated when you actively immerse yourself in a media as vibrant and informative as this blogging world has become. I think…therefore I blog should become our national blogging anthem.
Blogs that I heartily recommend visiting:
Everyone in my “Nibbled News Colleagues” list offers worth while and informative material in their blog site postings. I recommend visiting a few of these sites by clicking on the icon image displayed and prepare yourself to discover a world that is different than your but may also express the same feeling, ideas, thoughts and conclusions about life that you currently consider unique to yourself. It is worth the journey and the mere clicking of your mouse will open a broad spectrum of ideas that may amaze, educate and inform you. Enjoy the voyage!
Questions we can all ask ourselves:
1. Do you feel comfortable with your work when you submit your blog content?
2. Do you think outside the box when interpreting the WP Weekly Challenge?
3. Do you view other blogger’s material before/after you submit your post?
4. Do you try to communicate your thoughts, feelings and ideas in your posts?
5. Do you communicate with fellow bloggers when they comment on your material?
6. Do you feel yourself to be a part of the WP blogging community?
7. Do you look forward to the weekly challenges or dread them outright?
8. Do your friends. family, associates and acquaintances know that you blog?
9. Have you modified your blogging style over the past 12 months or do you stay with the tried- and-true?
10. Do you have a Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Photobucket account? If not, why not?
Writers Final Thoughts on the Subject
My list is not as humorous as David Letterman’s Top 10 list has been over the years. But , I do encourage you to scan this list occasionally and ask yourself the questions honestly. Blogging is a great way to communicate to the world. Try to ensure that you are using this electronic media in a way that optimizes your online presence.
Other than that have fun, continue posting and be open to change! 🙂